Friday, December 15, 2006

Disarm

I'm coming home,
I'm not bound anymore
On the brink of nothing
I'm just starting something.

I am dog boy,
Overwhelmed,
Unemployed
An arsenal of outbursts,
But I'm just saying it first.
I don't want to lose
Everything that we grew.
I'm not cutting you down,
I'm just carrying the axe.

Knowing it's half bad,
Knowing its a little sad,
And there's blood on our hands;
I hate this.
No one at the wheel,
Everyone is here to feel.

I'm coming home.
We aren't sound anymore,
I can't build a purpose
In this falling structure.

I'm not tearing it down,
I just can't find the sound.
I'm disarming the bomb before it goes off.

Knowing it's half bad,
Knowing it's all smiling sad.
And the gun in my hand is empty.
I am Mr. Guilt;
Everyone is here to feel.
I thank you all so much for my next trick,
Next trip,
Drive home.

(What's happening)
(Let's go)

No hard feelings.

~Bad Astronaut