Thursday, March 18, 2010

Things Are Happening.

Oh blog, let me count the ways I have been neglecting thee:

1. I have not published anything on you.

That's it. This is not to say that I have been doing nothing since the last time I posted, because I have been somewhat busy.

First of all, I have been working for the last week of February and the first two weeks of March. I am such a regular there that everyone at work wonders why I am not hired there full time. I only nod and smile, or shrug my shoulders at the suggestion. Being a temp is not fun.

On the Ides of March, I finished that previous exercise started in September of last year. I am not sure if I would like to post the full story here, but I think I should post my recording of the dream, if only to elucidate my previous post on language. I shall try to do that soon.

I also have had issues with my car. Last week, on my way to work, something had happened as I passed through the gate leading out of my community. I drove through the gate and heard a snap; I looked over to discover that the side view mirror on the passenger side had been broken off, and was literally hanging by a thread (of wires). I got that fixed two days ago, but I have been struggling with the homeowners association to figure out if the accident was my fault or if the gate had closed on me. The homeowners association said they would check the cameras and get back to me... they have not yet. Oh well, what the hell.

Lastly, and the probably the biggest news, I have been accepted by the University of Tulsa for their doctoral program in English. I am set to go visit the campus at the end of March. This comes as a huge relief (though almost undoubtedly I shall complain in the future) given that I have spent two years struggling to find work or get into school. The only other school I applied to was the University of Miami, and I have not yet heard from them. In all likelihood I will go to Tulsa this fall, but I have until April 15 to decide.

So blog, please do not be upset that I have been neglecting you: things are happening.